It can happen when you least expect it, and when it does, you need to act fast. Overheating from a hairdryer and debris from a bowl of rice can do more harm to your phone than good – so try these steps instead:

  • Turn off your phone, and make sure it’s unplugged to prevent a short circuit.
  • Remove any accessories, such as a protective case, that may trap liquid.
  • Dry your phone using a soft towel or fan. Use compressed air for charging ports and speakers.
  • Try sitting your phone upright in a bag with silica gel packets to absorb moisture for 72 hours.

Source: Verizon

Article by Black Car News

Black Car News provides breaking news, editorial, and information to drivers, owners, and other key players in the New York City for-hire vehicle industry.

See All Articles