On April 30, the International Association of Transportation Regulators (IATR) hosted a webinar featuring leading transportation officials from around the world reporting on what measures they have been taking to safeguard public health and assist the ground transportation industry during the COVID-19 pandemic. IATR President and former NYC Taxi & Limousine Commission (TLC) Commissioner/Chair Matthew W. Daus, Esq. introduced and interviewed Aloysee Heredia Jarmoszuk, the newly appointed TLC Commissioner/Chair.
You can view the IATR Webinar if you click here.
Commissioner Heredia Jarmoszuk started officially at the TLC on February 18, less than one month before New York City’s “pause” due to the COVID-19 pandemic – and spoke about the TLC’s challenges to fulfill its mission, and NYC & TLC efforts to address the needs of licensees, including:
- Creating online tools and resources for drivers and all licensees
- Assisting licensees with applications for NYC small business assistance programs
- Providing licensees with information on public assistance, food assistance, unemployment programs, and mental health programs
- Working with the Black Car Fund driver telemedicine program
- Creating an innovative TLC food delivery program “Get Food NYC” for TLC licensees to deliver food to those in need
- Recruiting drivers for food delivery services at $53 per delivery route to provide needed income to the licensees performing this public good
- Coordinating the delivery of more than 9 million meals through TLC drivers as of April 30
- Launching a TLC Driver Resource Center to help TLC Licensees coordinate legal and financial counseling
Source: Windels Marx